Trauma counsellor’s toolbox - exercises and techniques to aid complex trauma recovery
Letchworth Garden City
As trauma tends to be stored in the right brain, counsellors need a range of therapeutic tools to facilitate right brain-based engagement. This workshop will provide an opportunity for professionals working with survivors of complex trauma to add techniques and skills to their toolbox. It will combine awareness of safe trauma therapy with a range of tried and tested exercises to use with clients who have experienced complex trauma.
Through the use of real-life case studies, practitioners will be encouraged to develop case formulations and engage in a series of right brain-based experiential exercises such as nesting dolls, play therapy techniques, working with hidden parts and shame, family constellations, and grounding skills.
Counsellors will be able to develop and enhance their existing skills and add new techniques to their therapeutic repertoire.
- Counselling Skills for Working with Shame
- Counselling Skills for Working with Trauma: Healing from Child Sexual Abuse, Sexual Violence and Domestic Abuse
- Introduction of Counselling Survivors of Interpersonal Trauma
- Counselling Survivors of Domestic Abuse
- Counselling Adult Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse 3rd Edition
- The Seduction of Children: Empowering Parents and Teachers to Protect Children from Child Sexual Abuse
- The Warrior Within: A One in Four Handbook to Aid Recovery from Childhood Sexual Abuse and Sexual Violence
- The Spirit Within: A One in Four Handbook to Aid Recovery from Religious Sexual Abuse Across All Faiths, Responding to Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse: A pocket guide for professionals, partners, families and friends
- Numbing the Pain: A pocket guide for professionals supporting survivors of childhood sexual abuse and addiction
Christiane Sanderson is a senior lecturer in Psychology at the University of Roehampton with over 30 years’ experience working in child sexual abuse interpersonal trauma and domestic abuse. She has run consultancy & training for parents, teachers, social workers, nurses, therapists, counsellors, solicitors, police, church, NSPCC, refugee council,