Through the looking glass CPD day (equine experiential experience)
CPD for professional therapists.
Staffordshire and Cheshire equine assisted psychotherapy.
About the course:
The way we feel about ourselves can be carried into our work with clients and can impact on their journey. With the help of highly sensitive horses as co-facilitators, the course tutors will help therapists to understand how to be mindful, reflect and practice self-care in order to deepen their work with the client.
This course will include:
• A safety talk about working around horses, do’s and don’ts.
• A mindful walk through horses at liberty.
• A time of reflection within the herd.
• Meeting the therapy herd and taking a personal journey.
• Engaging in exercises with therapy horses to help you consider and reflect on how important you are and self-care is in your work with clients.
• Active and reflective learning.
• Increase awareness of yourself.
• An awareness of mindfulness.
• Learning how horses can mirror your feelings and reflecting on managing your own self-care.
The course costs £150.00.
Lunch is not included so please bring a packed lunch.
Refreshments will be available throughout the day.
Cancellations will be accepted up to seven days before the course start date.
Unfortunately any cancellations received after this date are not eligible for a refund.
The course will run from 9:30 until 16:30 and participants will receive a certificate for six hours of continuing professional development.
The course will be held on Friday 21st September.
Great Eaves Farm, Eaves Lane, Bucknall, Stoke on Trent, ST2 8LY.
The course is restricted to a maximum of 12 participants.
Please contact Ivan or Maggie.
Tel: 07940875722 / 07719509061
About Ivan Broad
Maggie is a qualified Counsellor, teacher and equine facilitated psychotherapist. Maggie has worked with young people and vulnerable adults. Maggie has worked in alternative education facilities, training organisations providing counselling and teaching. She is a director of Staffordshire and Cheshire equine assisted psychotherapy.