Therapy process event
This is a psychoeducation event for general public/clients, who are stuck, confused or have overwhelming feelings and emotions that have been created by the therapeutic encounter and process (counselling and/or psychotherapy of any form including individual, couples, group and family therapy).
The types of issues that clients can encounter which could impact their lives include:
- Unsure of direction therapy should take.
- Not sure if the therapist is right for me.
- Not sure if I am using the right type of psychotherapy (counselling, CBT, EMDR, DBT etc..) or what options I have.
- Confused feelings towards the therapist.
- Stuck and not making progress.
- Feeling that no therapist is able to help.
- Continuous cycle of starting/ending therapy.
- Finding it hard or ashamed to say things to the therapist you would like to.
- Feeling a loss/attachment towards the therapist even after ending therapy.
- Feeling abandoned by the therapist.
- Feeling angry/frustrated at the therapist.
- Feeling your being blamed by the therapist.
- Feeling the therapist is not being open and/or withholding information.
- Constant thinking about the therapist.
- Following the therapist.
- Emotional and/or therapist abuse e.g. anger directed towards client.
- Difficult endings in therapy.
- Love and/or sexual attraction.
- Finding it hard to end therapy.
- Detangling feelings between that of a friend and therapist.
- Boundary/ethical issues.
This is a confidential service. Please note we are not a complaints service nor a mediation service between the client and therapist or between the client and a professional body.
I am a UKCP clinical psychotherapist and am orientated towards helping clients heal through the process of therapy. I do this by just being me i.e. open, warm and creative. I specialise in client therapy to those in therapy and trauma/attachment difficulties.