Group therapy can help in addressing a range of problems, including anxiety, depression and low self-esteem. It has been demonstrated as often more effective than individual therapy and the two are particularly powerful when used in conjunction.
There are a whole variety of benefits...
- It can create a sense of belonging
- A place to be accepted by others and be yourself
- All in this together - group therapy shows group members that they are not alone, and that, while every situation is unique, others are on similar journeys as you
- Gives hope - new group members can often see how far existing group members have come in their recoveries
- Group bonding - members have the opportunity to encourage each other
- Benefit from who have had similar struggles, but found a way to overcome them to reach their goals
- Provides a chance for people to look in the mirror and overcome negativity
- Talking to people makes it easier to stand up for yourself
- Less judgment in a group therapy session
- Help to develop healthy coping skills
- Possibility to replay family patterns and change these
- Members can provide positive healthy feedback to strengthen your self-esteem and self-value
- Economical benefit.
About Nea Clark
I am a trained psychotherapist with a master’s degree in Transactional Analysis with over 10 years of experience. I provide individual psychotherapy, group therapy, couples therapy.
I create a safe space to explore the many sides of life that have led to current struggles. I believe in a holistic approach to therapy.