The parenting hub
The hub runs half term workshops on how to understand and manage emotions. The workshops will cover several different issues that young people, their families and school staff experience in everyday life that can impact on emotional well-being.
- Managing emotions.
- Managing relationships with peers.
- Managing anger.
- Positive praise.
- Managing mental health.
- Working with non-attenders.
- An integrated approach to parenting incorporating incredible years, PAC model, the Karpman drama triangle.
- CBT strategies for managing anxiety.
- Transition to a new school or college.
- Exam stress.
- Becoming a positive adult role model to our young people.
- Problem solving.
- Having confidence to make changes.
- Positive parenting.
- Tailored workshops according to need.
About Bernie Meagh
Helen a teacher with 10 years experience helping young people back into education after poor physical or emotional health. Bernie a therapist, who has more than 20 years experience working within CAMHS and schools; specifically supporting young people overcome anxiety, low mood and the struggle to feel okay with the normal day to day routines.