The owned child - the symbiotic character
'The owned child'
How to work with the symbiotic character
A part of the wounded self - character styles series
A series of 1-day workshops with Gill Coleby
This series of workshops looks at the different types of injury to the personality and how these injuries cause disruption to the growth of a cohesive, mature self.
It will look in detail at the thoughts, feelings and behaviour of the types identified by Stephen Johnson, Kohut, object relations theory, character analysis and ego psychology.
This workshop will concentrate on working with the symbiotic character of the owned child.
This workshop will enable you to:
- Understand the developmental origins of the owned child
- Identify the symbiotic and borderline adaptations
- Know how to keep boundaries and hold the therapeutic process
- Learn about hot and cold Rage, and how to work therapeutically with clients' rage
- Resolve splitting and build a cohesive sense of self
Date: Friday, 21 June 2019. The workshop will run from 10am - 5pm
For more detailed information about this workshop and all the workshops in the series, and to book your place, please visit our website at www.colebycentre.com
About Gill Coleby
This series is based on the work of Stephen Johnson, with a lot of other referenced work, as well as Gill's 20 years of clinical experience. The sessions are kept small to enable group discussions and sharing of clinical work, to demonstrate the useful tool of understanding character styles.