- Counselling Directory - Find a Counsellor Near You>
- The neuroscience of transformation
The neuroscience of transformation
‘The only form of psychotherapy that has a procedural map or methodology that explicitly calls for and explicitly guides every step of the therapeutic reconsolidation process is coherence therapy’ – Bruce Ecker
The mind-brain-body system’s built-in rules for change have now been identified and proven in neuroscience. Functioning from an entirely non-pathologising perspective – the Emotional Coherence Framework – coherence therapy is the only to-date mode of psychotherapy built specifically in accordance with these rules for change.
Utilising the mind-brain-body system’s deep coherence as a guiding compass, coherence therapy first identifies the root causes of symptom production - implicit memories held unconsciously - integrates them into sustained conscious awareness, then subjects them to the crucial conditions identified by neuroscience for their permanent erasure.
This workshop focuses on:
- The neuroscience of therapeutic change within the Emotional Coherence Framework
- The three-stage process necessary to bring about such change and coherence therapy’s methodological adherence to these stages in clinical practice; coherence therapy terms discovery, integration, and transformation
- The experiential demonstrating, teaching, and practice of techniques specific to each of these three stages within the methodology as a whole
- How to entirely integrate these new learning’s into your existing mode or model of therapeutic practice or counselling.
This workshop is facilitated by Paul Sibson and provides six hours of CPD.
About Valerie Adlparvar
Paul is a UKCP registered psychotherapist and BACP accredited counsellor. He also holds a BA honours degree in psychology and is a contributing author to the book Unlocking the Emotional Brain published by Routledge 2012. He is the founder of EmbodiMind - and a Certified Trainer for the Coherence Psychology Institute.