The exploited child - hysterical defences and the histrionic personality
The exploited child - How to work with hysterical defences and the histrionic personality
- Part of the wounded self - character styles series, a series of one day workshops with Gill Coleby.
This series of workshops looks at the different types of injury to the personality and how these injuries cause disruption to the growth of a cohesive, mature self.
It will look in detail at the thoughts, feelings and behaviour of the types identified by Stephen Johnson, Kohut, object relations theory, character analysis and ego psychology.
This workshop will concentrate on working with the histrionic character of the exploited child.
This workshop will enable you to:
- Understand the developmental origins of the exploited child
- Recognise and identify defences, addictions and relationship behaviours
- Learn to work with sexual abuse
- Help the client to change the locus of control from external to internal
- Help the client in constructing a non-dramatic cohesive self.
Date: Friday, 12 April 2018. The workshop will run from 10am-5pm.
Investment: £120 In the character styles series, this year.
For more detailed information about this workshop and all the workshops in the series, and to book your place, please visit our website at www.colebycentre.com
About Gill Coleby
This series is based on the work of Stephen Johnson, with a lot of other referenced work, as well as Gill's 20 years of clinical experience. The sessions are kept small to enable group discussions and sharing of clinical work, to demonstrate the useful tool of understanding character styles.