Telephone counselling skills
The workshop is presented by confide counselling service in Shrewsbury. To book, please visit their website www.confide.org.uk, call 01743 351319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This workshop will cover the skills required by counsellors to deliver telephone counselling safely and effectively. Including discussion, group work and experiential learning.
The workshop will include:
- Similarities and differences between face-to-face and telephone counselling.
- Benefits and challenges of telephone counselling.
- Core skills and qualities required for telephone counselling.
- Developing the therapeutic relationship over the telephone.
- Managing telephone counselling sessions.
- Practical issues.
- Working ethically within professional competencies.
- At a time when people are increasingly seeking flexible services the option to be able to provide counselling by telephone is essential.
About the host
Facilitated by Nicola Vincent (MBACP, MNCS Accred.) and Jacquie Hampton (MBACP, MNCS Accred.). Both trainers are qualified counsellors, with experience in delivering both long-term and short-term telephone counselling, and Samaritan listening volunteers. They bring a unique blend of theory and practical experience to the training session.