Taking your therapy practice outdoors (intro to outdoor therapy)
This four-hour workshop offers you the opportunity to explore your connection with nature while learning how to take your therapy practice outdoors.
The workshop will include information sharing as well as opportunities to learn from others through group conversations and individual moments of reflection.
The workshop will involve:
- understanding your relationship with nature and how that can inform your practice
- differences between working indoors vs outdoors
- understanding the rationale behind route planning and risk assessing in the outdoors
- timekeeping and weather warnings
- insurance, confidentiality and ethical considerations
- better understanding of your relationship with nature and how that can inform your practice and your client’s experience
- confidence to plan a session outdoor, including the assessment of risks and considerations around ethics
- understanding on how you can adapt your working styles to the outdoors
Aimed at: Therapists who are exploring the possibility to take their practice outdoors and would like to get the skills and confidence to do so.
Tickets are available via Eventbrite.
Hosted by Francesca Lo Verso
Francesca Lo Verso is a person-centred counsellor who is passionate about the outdoors and everything nature. She has personal experience of the effects of being outdoors and movement on her mental health. Francesca shares this with her clients and is excited to support other therapists to move their practice outdoors confidently and safely.