Study skills for trainee counsellors
A workshop designed to support you when studying for a counselling qualification (up to level four).
I have been training counsellors since 2013 and decided to develop this workshop to support two types of student. Firstly, to support those who have a had a break from education and need to familiarise themselves with academic writing and assessment in further education, and secondly, those who are comfortable in education and need to adjust to the unique way in which counselling is taught.
We will cover the fundamental elements that are required to not only survive the training but to truly make the most of the experience!
Subjects covered include;
- writing reflective journals at depth and understanding the benefits of reflective writing
- structuring your assignments
- understanding criteria and instructional working (explain, describe, evaluate, etc)
- referencing (why, how, and when)
- defining, engaging in and making the most of process group (aka experiential group)
I also offer bespoke training and alternative dates for this workshop, which you are welcome to contact me about.
About Nicholas Langley
I am an Snr Accredited Counsellor (Existential-Ecotherapy) who runs a private practice in Hythe, Kent. I am also a qualified teacher, with years of experience developing and providing training for counsellors.