Study skills for trainee counsellors
A workshop designed to support you when studying for a Counselling qualification (up to level 4).
I have been training counsellors since 2013 and decided to develop this workshop to support two types of student. Firstly, to support those who have a had a break from education and need to familiarise themselves with academic writing and assessment in further education, and secondly, those who are comfortable in education and need to adjust to the unique way in which counselling is taught.
We will cover the fundamental elements that are required to not only survive the training but to truly make the most of the experience!
Subjects covered include:
- Checking in (and out) effectively.
- Writing reflective journals at depth and understanding the benefits of reflective writing.
- Developing critical thinking.
- Hints and tips on assignment writing.
- Defining, engaging in and making the most of process group (aka experiential group).
To book, please visit www.whitebeam.training
About Nicholas Langley
I am a Snr Accredited Counsellor (Nature-based, Existential) and qualified Supervisor running a private practice in Hythe, Kent. I am also a qualified teacher, with years of experience developing and providing training for counsellors; including the ever-popular #TheComfyChair2020.
Booking instructions can be found at www.whitebeam.training