Specialist safeguarding training for counsellors and therapists
Specialist safeguarding: non-recent abuse and threshold dilemmas
This workshop is designed for counsellors and therapists, who have either completed the safeguarding awareness session or who have a sound knowledge of child and adult safeguarding and are looking to expand their knowledge on working with disclosures of non-recent abuse in therapy and seeking further discussion around thresholds and safeguarding dilemmas.
The workshop covers:
- What is non-recent abuse?
- Managing a disclosure in therapy – duty of care, confidentiality, and self-care.
- Making a referral to the police and/or social care.
- Allegations against persons working with children/vulnerable adults: Role of the LADO.
- Continuing with therapy alongside an investigation – role of CPS and pre-trial therapy.
There will be a blend of information sharing, case studies and small group work to discuss thresholds and dilemmas.
Tickets are available via Eventbrite.
Hosted by Lynn Findlay
Lynn is a counsellor and psychotherapist, and a keen runner who is passionate about movement for mental health. Lynn currently works in counselling private practice, with adults and young people, as well as undertaking independent social work and training. She has many years’ experience designing and delivering training in social care and therapy.