Space2Parent - Parenting support groups
Space2Parent is based in Leamington Spa and has been developed to support parents with children and teenagers suffering from emotional and behavioural issues.
Over eight weeks, we offer weekly sessions on Thursday mornings between 9:15am- 10:30am (other times and days available).
The sessions aim to provide parents with an empathic, non-judgmental place to talk and listen to others. It also allows parents the space to get the support they need when dealing with parenting issues that feel challenging and overwhelming.
The group is facilitated by a trained professional counsellor specialised in working with children, young people and parents. Our facilitators are knowledgeable in mental health issues and emotional development, providing you with the confidence that you are in safe hands.
We help parents who feel:
- Overwhelmed, powerless and unsure of how to help their child effectively.
- In constant conflict with their child despite their best efforts to stay calm and reasonable.
- They are constantly questioning and doubting their ability as a parent.
- Isolated and alone with very few places to get the support and help they need.
- Exhausted and emotionally drained/distressed.
The benefits of support groups:
- Affordable access to a professionally trained counsellor.
- Meet parents who are going through similar challenges.
- Share experiences, feelings and coping strategies.
- Reduce feelings of isolation, loneliness and judgment.
- Alleviate stress, anxiety and low mood.
- Gain control and a sense of empowerment.
- Increase self-awareness and understand your triggers.