Setting up in private practice: the basics
Are you looking to take the plunge into private practice? Perhaps you're newly qualified. Does it all currently seem over whelming? Don't know your data protection from your ICO or just plain scarred of the tax office? Concerned about contracts or note-taking?
This 1 day workshop is designed to break down the barriers and give you the confidence to take that step. Get the basics right from the very start and work safely, legally and ethically. Run in a small informal group so you can get the most out of the day.
Fee £75 / Student rate £65.
£30 non-refundable deposit required to secure your place. Deposit payment by Paypal or bank transfer
Venue: The Grove, Mapperley park, Nottingham (off Mansfield Road)
The workshop includes:
- Notes and information to take away
- Drinks and snacks. Please bring your own lunch
- 6hr CPD certificate.
The workshop will cover:
- Insurance, DBS checks for private practice
- Setting up costs
- Data protection - a noddy guide (including the GDPR changes in May)
- Information commissioner ICO – and information management
- Demystifying the tax man. Record keeping and what can you claim as business expenses?
- To work from home or hire a room: the implications. Or perhaps online?
- Personal safety: how to be safe lone working
- Client contracts
- Client information/ and record keeping
- Deciding your charging and cancellation policy
- A website of your own - breaking down the fear and demystifying the options
- Business cards/flyers.
For a chat to see if this workshop is what you are looking for or to book a place contact me 07925 318057 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Karen Emery
Run by Karen Emery of Counselling in Notts.