Setting up and building a counselling practice
This full day workshop will outline the activities involved in setting up a counselling practice. It will cover areas such as:
- Practice considerations - where to base your practice, using more than one location, other factors to take into account.
- Marketing - what works and what doesn't, creating a web site, sources of referrals and how to attract clients.
- Administration - appointments, diary management and record keeping.
- Legal and financial considerations - insurance, tax (self assessment), costs (allowable expenses), data protection and getting paid.
- Ethics - boundaries, accreditation, professional wills, good practice and self-care.
- General advice and tips - discussion around our experience of working in private practice and advice on how to avoid mistakes.
About Jean Staff
Jean Staff (B.SC.Hons) - Jean is a psychotherapeutic counsellor. Jean's work focuses on relationships with others and with 'the self'.
Gill Harvey (B.Sc.Hons) - Gill is also an integrative psychotherapeutic counsellor. Her counselling style involves helping clients to achieve personal integration by looking at past and present relationships.