Sand tray therapy
Who is this course for?
This course is particularly for those who have already completed the four day ‘working therapeutically with children and young people’ foundation course, but also for counsellors, teachers, learning mentors, teaching assistants, nurses and other clinicians, or any other empathic adult working with children on a regular basis.
Aims of the course
- To introduce the concepts of sand tray therapy and sand play therapy and help participants to understand the subtle differences between approaches.
- To understand the history of sand play.
- To look at the humanistic approach to sand play.
- To look at the Jungian approach to sand play.
- To experience play and practice.
CPD: six hours
Sarah is an MBACP registered counsellor working with children and young people within school settings and domestic abuse services. She is also the Training Manager at The Counselling & Family Centre and has 20 years’ experience working in Human Resources within global organisations.