Safeguarding awareness training for counsellors and therapists
Further date now available after previous sell-out events.
The workshop will increase your knowledge about making safeguarding decisions about children and adults in the therapeutic context, with a focus on joined-up thinking across families and networks
It is for therapists working with both adults and young people. Many adult clients have contact with children in some capacity, and all children are cared for by adults. You can be in private practice or employed by an organisation. It is also ideal for trainee counsellors and therapists to have an overview of safeguarding matters before going out on placement.
What will I learn?
The session covers:
- Legislative and statutory framework which promotes and safeguards a child’s welfare, including understanding terminology and comparisons with safeguarding vulnerable adults (joined-up thinking).
- An overview of types of harm and abuse.
- The role of the therapist within this framework, exploring issues of confidentiality and contracting in the counselling context, with consideration to GDPR.
- Making sense of your concerns and threshold dilemmas.
- Guidance on recording and reporting concerns.
- Signposting - what next.
How is it delivered?
This is currently via Zoom, with information sharing, whole group discussion, and opportunities for questions and personal reflection.
This event is written and delivered by Lynn Findlay and hosted by Academy SPACE. Ticket are available via Eventbrite.
About Lynn: Lynn is a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist, and a registered social worker with over 20 years experience working in safeguarding, with many years’ experience designing and delivering training sessions.
Hosted by Lynn Findlay
Lynn is a counsellor and psychotherapist, and a keen runner who is passionate about movement for mental health. Lynn currently works in counselling private practice, with adults and young people, as well as undertaking independent social work and training. She has many years’ experience designing and delivering training in social care and therapy.