Refresh your current knowledge around mental disorders
11 Glebe Ave
An essential update for counsellors, psychotherapist, and those involved with talking therapies
The training includes:
- Mental health legislation, sectioning, & mental capacity.
- What is mental health, definition & diagnosis?
- Assessment & risk assessment.
- Thorough clarifications of the more common illnesses including: depression, anxiety, psychosis, bipolar disorder, personality disorders, PTSD, dual diagnosis, self-harm & suicide.
- Mental health and spirituality beliefs - cultural idioms of disease.
- Communication skills for working with someone experiencing poor mental health.
- Treatment, medications, talking therapies & other options in an ever-changing society.
The day will be led by therapist Madison-Amy Webb MBACP, Acc. voluntary register, with 18 years clinical in adult mental health day care, NHS substance misuse, probation service, adult education/sixth form college. The day will be of interest to counsellors/ psychotherapists, those supporting clients.