Reflective practice: Train to become a facilitator
A one-day specialist training for counsellors, nurses, managers and healthcare practitioners who want to learn how to set up and facilitate reflective practice groups.
Reflective practice is well-recognised as a valuable tool for personal and professional development and for enhancing safe practice and well-being in the workplace. Skilled reflective practice facilitators are a valuable asset to many public and private organisations. Attending this training will provide you with the skills, knowledge and expertise to set up and facilitate reflective practice sessions in your organisation or as a private service, either online or in person.
- To increase your understanding of reflective practice.
- To give you the skills and confidence to promote and set up reflective practice in your workplace.
- To train you as a competent facilitator of reflective practice.
- To clarify the nature and purpose of reflective practice (RP).
- To consider the practical aspects of setting up RP groups.
- To understand the role and task of the RP facilitator.
- To learn and to practise the skills of facilitating RP.
- 10am - Introduction
- 10:30am - The process of reflection and its benefits
- 11am - Practice: the work that we do and its impact on us
- 11:30am - Coffee break
- 11:45am - Models for reflecting on practice
- 12:45pm - Lunch break
- 1:30pm - The competent facilitator
- 2pm - Setting up reflective practice groups
- 2:45pm - Coffee break
- 3pm - Facilitating reflective practice: Skills practice and experiential learning
- 3:45pm - Overview of the day
We are psychotherapists with extensive experience as clinicians and trainers with a track record as champions for good communication skills in care professions. We have a reputation for engaging, energising and motivating staff, while modelling and stimulating self-reflective thinking and self-management.