Recruiting for Sept 2018 - level 3 counselling skills; level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling
Level three certificate in counselling skills - ABC awards
This qualification is made up of credit rated units developed in association with skills for health, the sector skills council for the health and social care sector. It develops a repertoire of interpersonal skills and counselling skills, promotes personal growth, and provides essential industry knowledge to help learners make informed career decisions.
Learners will complete this qualification with a comprehensive and full understanding of the following:
- How to identify, practise and develop a range of interpersonal and counselling skills.
- The main theoretical approaches to counselling.
Level four diploma in therapeutic counselling - ABC awards
This qualification is made up of credit rated units developed in association with skills for health, the sector skills council for the health and social care sector. When combined with the ABC level three certificate in counselling skills, it meets the basic training requirement for recognition as a qualified counsellor and also contains supervised placement hours. Learners will complete this qualification with a comprehensive and full understanding of the following:
- Ethical frameworks, including the importance of setting, supervision and casework management in counselling
- The impact diverse culture and heritage can have on the client/counsellor relationship in a multicultural society
- One major therapeutic model
- How to conduct a counselling session with a client in an ethical, effective and safe way
- How to increase self-awareness
- The purpose and importance of Research in counselling
About Andrea Kershaw
Course provider - Tributary Business Services
Training staff are fully qualified and experienced Counsellors, Supervisors and Teachers. Our counselling experience includes EAP and NHS work, couples and individual counselling, bereavement counselling, mindfulness and ecotherapy. We also run short courses for personal development and counsellor CPD.