Recognising and working with sex addiction
Understanding and recognising sex addiction
This CPD workshop will provide counsellors and psychotherapists with a clear understanding of sex addiction. It will enable delegates to assess whether clients have 'out of control sexual behaviour', and for the delegates to understand the underlying issues that may lead to this condition. Assessment, referral, and ongoing work will also be discussed.
- to provide a definition of sex addiction
- to provide an understanding of the cycle of addiction
- to understand and recognise the types and levels of sex addiction
- to help therapists to understand the roots of sex addiction
- to consider ethical and legal issues
- to help delegates understand and use assessment tools for sex addiction
- to use assessment tools to support clients in identifying if there is a 'sex addiction' problem or if the client is using 'risky' behaviours
- to provide an overview of some treatment options
- to provide counsellors with interventions to support clients going through sexual addiction treatment
The day will include tutor input, group work, and the opportunity to practice some of the skills described.
Hosted by Anna Palin-Swift
Cedars Therapy Institute Our mission is to provide the highest quality training for counsellors, psychotherapists and allied professionals in a safe and encouraging environment. Our aim is that our students will be confident in their knowledge and ability to work with clients as a result of our training.