Kate is a person centred counsellor and has her own private practice. Kate is also the founder and CEO of Motherwell, a charity set up to support the mental health and wellbeing of mums.
Motherwell offer counselling for the new mums as well as run therapeutic courses for mums overwhelmed by motherhood. Kate and the team organise local events in the area empowering mums and working on their sense of identity.
Kate is a mum herself of three children and has suffered post natal depression with one child and a traumatic birth with two children, therefore is very passionate about the topics.
Who is the course for?
Health professionals, counsellors, social worker, family support workers or any professionals involved with working with new mums. This course will help provide a clearer understanding of how to support new mums who are over whelmed by motherhood or suffering from post natal depression.
Aims of the course
On completion of the day you will be able to:
- Reflect on the challenges, changes and compromises that face motherhood.
- Identify contributing factors to antenatal and postnatal depression and the women who are particularly vulnerable.
- Look at the effects having a child can have on relationships.
- Explore the attachment theory and how this may affect the impact of the children growing up.
- Look at therapeutic approaches to working with new mums.
About Kate Blakemore
Kate Blakemore BA (hons) Bus. Management. Diploma in counselling. Award in teaching. Mentoring qualification. Reiki 2 qualified. Diploma in fertility counselling. Accredited counsellor in infant loss.
Kate is a person centred counsellor and has her own private practice. Kate is also the founder of Motherwell a charity in cheshire.