Mindfulness meditation - six week course
The simple regular practice of mindfulness meditation can bring a sense of calm and well being even in the midst of a busy life.
This will be a simple yet comprehensive introduction to the basics of mindfulness meditation and will give you the tools to get you started. It will be grounded in theory and practice, and also suitable for those who want to rekindle, or are looking for support for their practice.
Each session is for one hour and fifteen minutes and will run as follows:
- Week one: Mindfulness of the breath – the anchor
- Week two: Mindfulness of the body – body scan
- Week three: Mindfulness of feelings tones – feelings and emotions
- Week four: Mindfulness of the mind – thoughts, images, fear of the future, planning, the inner critic etc.
- Week five: Loving kindness meditation
- Week six: Hindrances to meditation – struggles with daily practice and committing to a daily practice.
The course is experiential. During each session you will learn the techniques of mindfulness meditation and there will be time for some sharing of experience and for questions and answers. Participants will be expected to set aside time for daily practice, and a handout will be given at each session.
The cost for the whole course is £72, and is held at Live Free Wellness, 265 Putney Bridge Road, Putney, SW15 2PT.
Spaces are limited to nine people.
If you would like any further information you can contact me on 020 8780 9449 or you can book your place by calling Live Free Wellness on 020 8780 0898.
About the host
My name is Sabu Bhugobaun and I am a counsellor and psychotherapist who has been learning and practicing mindfulness meditation under the guidance of various teachers in the vipassana tradition for the past seventeen years. Since 2013 I have had the privilege of teaching short simple courses in small groups of up to nine people.