Mindfulness for modern life
Rise above the stress of modern city living by learning the simple yet effective skills that mindfulness can teach you!
This workshop will explain what mindfulness is - as well as what it isn't - and how exactly it can bring more peace, fulfilment and happiness to your busy and hectic life.
Natalie is an experienced counsellor and mindfulness coach. She is also a normal human being just trying to live well and get stuff done, so she's the ideal person to explain how mindfulness can transform modern life from chaos to contentment (without having to say 'ommm' while sitting in the lotus position, eat massaged kale or start using the hashtag #yogaislife).
This workshop is perfect for if you've ever thought:
- I've heard people talk about mindfulness but it's probably some hippy nonsense that isn't really for me.
- I've read a bit about it and would like to give it a go without making a big time commitment.
- My friend goes on about it all the time and it's really helped them but I'm not sure what it actually is.
- I feel stressed but I haven't got time to do anything about it.
- I'd like to feel a bit calmer and happier but I don't want to make any huge changes to my life.
- I keep meaning to try mindfulness or meditation but I haven't got round to it.
- I don't want to take advice from a well-being guru who's life is nothing like my own.
During this workshop you will practice some mindful meditations and some mindful living exercises.
There will be examples of how you can incorporate mindfulness into your life in order to be more present and focused. You will learn about how mindfulness can be used to improve mental health by making you more aware of your thoughts, how to manage challenging emotions and the different choices you can make.
Natalie would like the workshop to be interactive and welcomes comments and questions throughout!
Tickets available here: https://www.funzing.com/sd/jAquuz
About the host
Natalie Rossiter is a BACP accredited counsellor in Salford and Manchester.
She works with young people and adults in private practice and at Salford Uni as well as teaching mindfulness in a variety of settings.
Natalie is passionate about empowering people to live happier, healthier lives.
For more info visit: riseabovecounselling.com