Managers Managing Stress
The delivery of the course is a stimulating and interactive mix of western and eastern concepts, which will enable discussions at depth from a holistic perspective. There is also opportunity to explore options and solutions and practice techniques presented. The delegates will take away a comprehensive workbook which will be a resource for the rest of their lives.
This course is for all managers, supervisors and team leaders who are committed to minimising the impact of stressful situations on their employees and organisations, as well as abiding by their Legal Duty of care to their staff.
This course will enable managers to fulfil their legal duty in protecting the well-being of their employees at work. Hence, enhancing their productivity and profits.
Content of course
- Define and understand the concept of stress, from an individual, organisational and HSE perspective.
- Identify the short term and long term symptoms of stress in self, employees and their immediate environment at home and work.
- Coping strategies and practice of techniques
- Stress and the Law
- Managers’ responsibilities within the legal framework.
- The HSE Management standards.
- Risk assessment processes.
- Useful risk assessment and solution generating tools.
- Application of theory to case studies.
- Action planning and evaluation.
- Define and understand the concept of stress, from an individual, organisational and Health and Safety perspective.
- Make a correlation between good and bad stress
- Identify the short term and long-term symptoms of stress in self, employees and their immediate environment at home and work.
- Learn powerful stress reduction and well-being techniques.
- Learn about Stress and the Law
- Identify your responsibilities as Managers in addressing stress within the legal framework.
- Learn the latest in Health and Safety Executives Guidance on Stress Management
- Learn how to make Stress Risk Assessments.
- Apply learning to real situations.
- Delegates will also take away a set of easily applicable tools to address stress within their workplace
- Take away a clear plan of action to tackle stress in your team.
Course attendees and Duration
1 day duration - maximum of 15 delegates to gain the most from this course.
The content can also be delivered for an individual in a one to one coaching format.
About the host
Hansa is the Author of two books.
‘From Stress to Success’ – and
‘Stress to Success for Managers and Employees'
She is a Fellow of the International Stress Management Association and has worked with over 100 companies nationally to promote the natural wellbeing message.
For more information visit: