Level 2 first aid for mental health 1 day course
This one day level two course goes into detail on common mental health conditions and introduces the first aid for mental health action plan.
The course is suitable for those who have an interest in developing an understanding of common mental health conditions and might be interested in being a first aider for mental health within the workplace.
The course will follow the following topics:
- Define first aid for mental health.
- Identifying common mental health conditions.
- Providing advice and starting a conversation.
- The effects of drugs and alcohol on mental health.
- First aid for mental health action plan.
- First aid for mental health in the workplace.
About IPT Training And Therapy
The trainers are qualified counsellors and mental health first aid instructors.
Paul Martin B.A in counselling. PGCE
A college tutor and therapist. Both co-owner of IPT Training and Therapy Services.
Christine McIntyre H.G. Dip. M.A. Counselling. PGCE. MHGI
Both experienced therapists and trainers having spent many years in the practice of both.