Let’s talk groups: a group-analytic approach
52/53 High Street
This course will focus mainly, though not entirely, on a group-analytic perspective (a perspective that draws upon psychoanalytic, systemic, gestalt and sociological thinking) to explore the following:
- Hopes and fears about groups.
- The principle of inter-connectivity.
- The modification of psychoanalytic principles in groups (transference, free association, and the unconscious).
- Group-specific phenomena.
- The question of leadership.
- An opportunity to explore individual and group processes through experience and case material.
GCS is delighted to host Nick Barwick, a qualified teacher, group analyst and UKCP registered psychotherapist. He is presently a tutor at the University of London, the Institute of Group Analysis & the Guildhall School of Music & Drama. Nick is a published author and Managing Editor of the international journal Psychodynamic Practice.