L2 certificate in counselling skills
Welcome to Maple Leaf Counselling and Training Centre, and the CPCAB course for the L2 Certificate in Counselling Skills. CPCAB is a UK awarding body that is managed by professional counsellors, trainers and supervisors. Now in their 25th year of operation, they are the only awarding body in Europe that specialise in the field of counselling. They are one of the largest awarding bodies in this field, with around 130 recognised training centres across the UK.
This qualification is intended for candidates who want to become competent in the use of counselling skills to help others, either in a voluntary or an employed situation. It is also for those who would like to take the first step in training to be a counsellor. This course will not teach you to be a counsellor but will prepare you for the next level of practitioner training.
The course is 90 hours in total, (five hours per week over 20 weeks).
Cost: £600 plus the CPCAB registration and assessment fees of £166.
Minimum age 18 years.
This course consists of seven mandatory units:
- Use counselling skills ethically and safely.
- Establish and sustain the boundaries of the helping role.
- Work empathically as a helper.
- Focus on the helpee's needs and concerns.
- Use self-awareness in helping work.
- Use a range of counselling skills to facilitate the helping interaction.
- Use feedback and reflection to enhance counselling skills.
For further information please see www.mapleleafcounselling.co.uk, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01564 702105.
Our tutors are qualified with a wide range of experience of counselling, supervising and training delivering this level 2 course. Please see my profile under Gail Roberts, Solihull.