Introduction to working with suicide
The aim of this practical, one day workshop is to increase your knowledge, skills and understanding of suicide and traumatic bereavement. It will provide techniques and tools to assist you in your clinical work when working with those bereaved by suicide or traumatic loss.
This workshop will provide you with:
- A deeper understanding the components of the grief process.
- An ability to identify the signs of destructive or complicated grief.
- An understanding of complications in mourning following a traumatic death.
- Techniques for grief counselling following suicide and traumatic loss.
- An opportunity to explore the experiences and unique needs of those bereaved by suicide.
- An ability to understand and manage anger and guilt within grief reactions.
- An opportunity to explore and understand the search for meaning.
About Valerie Adlparvar
Sue is a BACP accredited counsellor with over ten years’ therapeutic experience working Privately and also with Northumbria Police as both therapist, trauma lead and trainer. Sue has gained vast experience working as Senior Occupational Health Counsellor, Force Well being Manager and Trauma Risk Management Co-coordinator for Northumbria Police.