Introduction to working with groups of clients
This six hour workshop will give a taste of working with groups of clients.
- We look at the advantages and disadvantages of working with groups
- We consider the types of group that can be run e.g. open, closed, drop-in, friendship
- We consider the importance of contracting
- We consider different ways that the group can be organised in terms of time management and management of individual needs within the group
- We look at Tuckman's theory of groups
- We discuss themes that can be covered in group
- We consider some creative approaches that can be employed in group work.
About the host
Lynda Carter - facilitator
Trainer - Marsha Ragsdell - counsellor, supervisor, trainer and fund raiser for both adult and children’s services.