Introduction to working with diverse sexualities
Aims of course
We live in a society which is much more accepting of diverse sexualities and there are legal protections in place to protect people regardless of their sexuality, yet LGBTQ+ people are more likely to self-harm, attempt suicide or suffer mental health issues. This course will refresh your knowledge and help you think about working affirmatively with gender and sexual minority (GSM) clients.
- Labels, language and identity.
- Minority stress, prejudices, micro aggressions and privilege – our counter-transferences.
- A historical context of sexuality in society.
- Coming out and identity development.
- Working affirmatively with the LGB community.
CPD: 6 hours
Tea and coffee provided. Light refreshments and lunch are available from our café, or bring a packed lunch.
- Non-invoice bookings: 25% of the total cost is payable on booking to secure a place. The remaining 75% is payable 14 days before the start of the course. Deposit non-refundable.
- Cheque: please make payable to The Counselling & Family Centre.
- Card: please telephone 0161 941 7754 to make a card payment or for bank details to make a BACS payment.
- Invoice Only: please give details of whom & where to send to.
Full payment required to secure booking. 75% refundable in cases of cancellation if cancelled more than 14 days before course date.
For further information or to book the course please call: 0161 941 7754 or email email@example.com
About the host
An experienced counsellor and trainer who specialises in LGBTQ and relationship therapy. Alex has an MA in Relationship Therapy and is an accredited member of BACP. He has since trained extensively with, and is a Clinical Associate of, Pink Therapy and a member of Gendered Intelligence’s directory of therapists.