Introduction to transactional analysis (TA101)
This two-day course is packed full of useful models that can be applied in a wide range of work settings, as well as in your personal life. Transactional analysis (TA) is used widely throughout the world, in organisations, education, counselling, psychotherapy, parenting, coaching, and many other areas.
Participants are invited to reflect upon themselves and others, to integrate the learning, and to bring real examples from their life and identify alternative options for behaviour and communication that serve us better.
The teaching is interactive, lively, and stimulating, and groups are kept small to enhance learning. There will be a combination of teaching, discussion, practical exercise and time for reflection.
We will cover topics such as;
- Life script and how we make decisions early in our life that become unconscious and affect us now, both professionally and personally.
- Psychological games and how we and others unconsciously set up repetitive patterns to keep our world predictable and familiar.
- Ego states, the different aspects of ourselves and others, and how we can operate from each of these.
- Transactions and the ways with which we communicate with others.
- Rackets and how we and others can create our own reality and stay wedded to that,
and much more.
Pre-course requirements - none.
- Day one - contracting, life script, life positions, ego states, transactions, functional modes.
- Day two - discounting, games, time structuring, rackets, drivers, injunctions, autonomy.
Assessment - none.
Recognition: TA101 Certificate from EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis) with international recognition. This is also a prerequisite for any further training in TA.
Course tutor: Patrick Brook
About Leilani Mitchell
Founded in 2004, the Link Centre offers a range of services and courses for personal and professional development including part-time training courses in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Our training centre is located in the heart of the countryside, in Plumpton, E Sussex. We have a variety of training rooms, extensive parking, and disabled access.