Introduction to transactional analysis (TA101)
This two-day, weekend course is for those interested in learning transactional analysis (TA) for the first time or building on a basic level of knowledge. The course is lively, interactive and fun while offering students useful theories and concepts that they can apply both in their personal and professional lives.
This course will introduce some of the main concepts of TA including ideas such as:
- Life script and how we make decisions early in our life that become unconscious and affect us now both professionally and personally.
- Psychological games and how we and others unconsciously set up repetitive patterns to keep our world predictable and familiar.
- Ego states and the different aspects of ourselves and others and how we can operate from each of these.
- Transactions and the ways with which we communicate with others.
- Rackets and how we and others can create our own reality and stay wedded to that.
- We will look at how to relate these concepts to ourselves and others and identify alternative options for behaviour and communication to serve us better.
Participants will be invited to use the theory presented to reflect on their own process. There will be a combination of teaching, discussion, practical exercise and time for reflection.
A great starting point for those considering a career in counselling.
Pre course requirements
Day one - contracting, life script, life positions, ego states, transactions, functional modes.
Day two - discounting, games, time structuring, rackets, drivers, injunctions, autonomy.
TA101 certificate from EATA (European association for transactional analysis) with international recognition. This is also a pre requisite for any further training in TA.
About the host
Founded in 2004, the Link Centre offers a range of services and courses for personal and professional development.
Our training centre is located in the heart of the countryside, in Plumpton, East Sussex.