Introduction to solution-focused brief therapy
Solution-focused brief therapy (SFBT) is a very unique psychotherapeutic approach in as much as it tends not to focus on the client's problems or difficulties. Instead, it invites the client to picture how they would like things to be and assumes that they have a deep well of resources that can be evinced in order to get there.
Since the 1980s, the evidence for the efficacy of SFBT has continued to grow. There is now a large number of studies that demonstrate its effectiveness in the treatment of most Axis 1 disorders.
Aims of the event:
- To introduce the key concepts and processes of SFBT.
- To learn about and practice goal setting using the SFBT style.
- To introduce strength-based exploration.
- To explore the value of rating and scaling.
- To practise techniques that facilitate stuckness to movement and use problem-free talk.
Find more information and book your place via Eventbrite.
Hosted by Audrey Smith
Greenwood Events organises workshops aimed primarily at counsellors and psychotherapists, but the workshops may also be of interest to social workers, teachers, anyone in the helping professions or anyone who is interested in personal development. See a full list of events at https://www.greenwoodevents.co.uk/events/. Everyone is welcome!