Introduction to schema therapy
Schema therapy is a unifying approach that integrates attachment theory, psychodynamic approach, CBT approach, gestalt approach and transactional analysis; for the purpose of treating complex cases. It is an enormously powerful and effective therapy.
It is, however, a long term therapy, but with shorter term approaches at times proving to be a false economy, its popularity is growing and is now widely practised within NHS settings. The treatment can, however, take literally hundreds of different pathways. This event aims to provide a clear path for therapists to integrate into their practice.
Aims of the event
- To provide a template for the practice of techniques related to schema therapy
- To relate these techniques to working with specific schemas
- To examine how a transference hypothesis can be used to work with schemas in the therapy room
- To examine the ethical considerations connected to the practice of schema therapy
- To build confidence in the practice of imagery to facilitate change on an affect level.
More information at https://schema-mar-18.eventbrite.co.uk
About the host
Greenwood Events organises affordable CPD workshops for counsellors in Scotland. It aspires to facilitate a vibrant and lively network of counsellors who meet up on a regular basis to share expertise and knowledge. The events may also be of interest to anyone considering a career in counselling or personal self-development; no-one is excluded.