- Counselling Directory - Find a Counsellor Near You>
- Introduction to sandplay therapy
Introduction to sandplay therapy
A two-day experiential and interactive course which gives participants an opportunity to play in the sand and gain an introductory overview of the underlying theory.
The weekend includes:
- A series of experiential sand trays.
- The therapeutic and clinical value of sandplay therapy.
- An introduction to the underlying theory.
- Practical discussion about setting up a sandplay practice in your work setting.
- An introduction to the world of symbols
The course is limited to a maximum of eight people.
The Nautilus Rooms hosts probably the largest collection of sandtray symbols in the South West which helps to facilitate the learning process.
This course is run under the umbrella of the Association of Integrative Sandplay Therapists.
If you are unable to attend this date please enquire about others.
Ruth is an experienced counsellor and psychotherapist with a private practice in South Devon. She teaches counselling and mindfulness with an emphasis on practical applications. She has experience of working with people of all ages in a wide range of settings. Ruth uses sandplay and art therapeutically in her practice. She is creative in her approach and brings this to her teaching and work.
About Ruth Baker
The Nautilus Rooms host a comfortable group room and kitchen facilities.
Totnes is an excellent place to source symbols in the lunch break.
For more information please contact:
Next date for this course is 23rd and 24th April 2016 for more dates contact Ruth