Introduction to psychosexual medicine - for psychosexual therapists & medical practitioners
Dr Fiona Cowan, co-author of the forthcoming textbook Introduction to psychosexual medicine and diplomate of the institute of psychosexual medicine is delivering a half day workshop on psychosexual medicine. Participants on this CPD course will gain competence and confidence in this introduction to psychosexual medicine including:
- Presentation and management of patients
- Importance of past history & life events
- Skills of psychosexual medicine
- Psychosexual medicine in clinical practice: general practice, genitourinary medicine and gynaecology clinics
- Common disorders in psychosexual medicine including:Vaginismus and non-consummation
- Lack of sexual desire
- Problems with female orgasm
- Painful intercourse
- Erectile dysfunction/problems with ejaculation.
About Dr Cowan (BSc (Hons) MBBS MRCOG DiIPM)
- Diplomate – institute for psychosexual medicine
- Winner best oral presentation Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists World Congress (2016)
- Author – British Medical Journal on development of mentoring scheme for junior obstetric and gynaecologic trainees
- Co-author - Introduction to Psychosexual Medicine (2018)
- Senior trainee in obstetrics and gynaecology.
About the host
Since 2001, The Marylebone Centre for Psychological Therapies has been training counsellors and psychotherapists to provide therapeutic treatment for compulsive sexual behaviour. We work with specialists in this field to provide excellent support for clients and to provide professional development to therapists.