Introduction to counselling children and young people
This 4-day course is based upon Stage 1 of BACP's Children and Young People Training Curriculum (11-18 years) and BACP's Competencies for work with children & young people (4-18 years).
Unit 1: Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st January 2021
- Child and adolescent development and transitions
- Communication with young people
- Mental health and young people
- Risk assessments
Unit 2: Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th February 2021
- Child protection and safeguarding
- Ethical and professional practice
- Working within the context of the counselling setting
- Beginnings and endings with young people
Hosted by John Bradley
John is a BACP senior accredited counsellor/psychotherapist (children and young people), supervisor and trainer. He currently offers counselling, supervision and training using the person-centred approach in private practice at the Ellesmere Centre in Hull. He also offers counselling in two Hull secondary schools.