Introduction to counselling
Weekend intensive in-person introduction to counselling
- 23rd and 24th March 2024
- 20th and 21st April 2024
- 18th and 19th May 2024
Book your place via tickettailor.com.
What does the course cover?
This course has multiple aspects to it, including:
- to provide an understanding of what counselling is and its origins
- to provide a safe environment for self-exploration and reflection
- to develop listening and communication skills
- to establish some basic counselling skills
- to demonstrate how counselling skills can be usefully applied to personal and professional relationships
Is this course for me?
People’s motivations for undertaking this course vary, such as:
- thinking about a career in counselling and psychotherapy but wanting to know more before committing to a full training
- wanting to gain greater self-awareness and understanding of themselves
- looking to develop their helping skills in a professional or voluntary role
- interested in knowing more about the origins and types of counselling
- wanting to develop skills for self-reflection
- hoping to gain more understanding of their professional and personal relationships
- wishing to take the first step recommended by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) in a progressive training journey as a counsellor
- wishing to support those close to them
BCS is a busy, vibrant counselling and training organisation at the heart of the community. We have over 20 years’ experience in providing highly respected, comprehensive counselling training in the psychodynamic discipline. Our courses are widely recognised and held in high regard within the counselling profession.