Intensive certificate in counselling skills and theory
Is this course for me?
People’s motivations for undertaking this course vary, such as:
- an interest in a career in counselling and psychotherapy
- a desire to gain a deeper understanding of yourself, your personal relationships, and how you interact with others
- a curiosity in group dynamics and your own position within a group
- an interest in exploring counselling skills from the perspective of people’s life experiences and how they have impacted them
- a wish to enhance skills in a profession or helping role where listening and communication skills are important
- a desire to develop your professional potential in a management role through the use of counselling skills in the workplace
A certificate in counselling skills is also a prerequisite for those wishing to pursue further counselling training. It is a mandatory step on any progressive training journey, including that offered by Basingstoke Counselling Service, which leads to status as a qualified counsellor.
Course structure and dates
The course takes place from February to May. There are 11 weekly sessions that take place on a Wednesday evening and nine full Saturdays. There is a break over the Easter holidays. The Wednesday evenings run from 5:40pm to 9:20pm, and the Saturdays run from 9am to 5:20 pm. Seminars and an experiential group take place on all dates.
- Module one: 21st February 2024 – 9th March 2024 (inclusive)
- Module two: 9th March 2024 – 20th April 2024 (inclusive). Easter break: 29th March 2024 -13th April 2024 – no sessions
- Module three (including assessments): 24th April 2024 -15th May 2024 (inclusive)
Full details on the course content, fees, and how to apply can be found on the BCS website.
BCS is a busy, vibrant counselling and training organisation at the heart of the community. We have over 20 years’ experience in providing highly respected, comprehensive counselling training in the psychodynamic discipline. Our courses are widely recognised and held in high regard within the counselling profession.