Schemas, or Core Beliefs, are the route cause of human psychological disturbance. These will have been internalised as a result of unmet childhood needs. These Schemas cause themes and patterns of problematic behaviours and relationships within a person's adult life. In order to experience change on a deep and profound level we must revisit the experiences that caused the formation of the Schema(s). This brings about change at an affect level. After all, thoughts cannot really change feelings - only feelings can change feelings.
Aims of the Event
- To discuss various types of imagery interventions
- To explore and use types of imagery assessment
- To introduce the process of imagery assessment and imagery rescripting
- To link imagery rescripting to the treatment of specific disorders
- To provide information on content free exploration and who does the talking.
More information at https://imagery-rescripting.eventbrite.co.uk
About Audrey Smith
Greenwood Events aims to offer affordable workshops to counsellors interested in CPD, anyone interested in self- development or considering a career in counselling. It also aims to offer opportunities to stimulate networking and knowledge sharing among counsellors in Scotland. Visit www.greenwoodevents.co.uk for more information.