How to work with the narcissistic experience - "the used child"
How to work with the narcissistic experience
“The used child” - part of the wounded self - character styles series
A series of one day workshops with Gill Coleby.
This series of workshops looks at the different types of injury to the personality and how these injuries cause disruption to the growth of a cohesive, mature self.
It will look in detail at the thoughts, feelings and behaviour of the types identified by Stephen Johnson, Kohut, Object Relations Theory, Character Analysis and Ego Psychology.
This workshop will concentrate on working with the narcissistic character of the used child.
The workshop will enable you to:
- Identify narcissistic wounding and understand narcissistic behaviour
- Understand the developmental origins of narcissistic injury
- Work with narcissistic defences and the false self
- Be aware of the transference and counter transference issues
- Help the real self to emerge within the therapeutic relationship
Date: Friday 15th June 2018 (extra date added). The workshop will run from 10am-5pm.
Investment: £120 (10% early bird discount - £108 if booked before 15th May 2018)
In the character styles series, this year:
- Fri 9th Feb 2018 - the used child – the narcissistic experience
- Fri 16th Mar 2018 - the hated child - the schizoid experience
- Fri 11th May 2018 - the defeated child - social masochism & patterns of self defeat
- Fri 15th Jun 2018 - the used child – the narcissistic experience (extra date added)
- Fri 6th Jul 2018 - the abandoned child – the oral dependant character
- Fri 14th Sep 2018 - the disciplined child - the obsessive-compulsive personality
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 - the exploited child - hysterical defences & the histrionic personality
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 - the owned child - the symbiotic character
10% discount available when booking two or more workshops.
For more detailed information about this workshop and to book your place, visit our website at www.colebycentre.com or call 020 8300 4044
About Gill Coleby
This series is based on the work of Stephen Johnson, with a lot of other referenced work, as well as Gill's 20 years of clinical experience. The sessions are kept small to enable group discussions and sharing of clinical work, to demonstrate the useful tool of understanding Character Styles.