How to help children thrive - new live online workshop
This practical day looks at the causes of emotional problems and challenging behaviour in children, the impact of difficult life experiences and trauma on development, effective communication with children – and much more.
What will you learn
- New research about children’s brain development and emotional well-being.
- New insights into how children feel, think and understand our communication with them, which will increase cooperation and improve relationships – you may be surprised at what you find out!
- How difficult life events can shape a child’s mind – and what we can do to help.
- A better understanding of difficult emotions, effective skills for dealing with them and preventing future emotional outbursts.
- How our attempts to help sometimes backfire and what we could do instead.
- How to prevent most temper tantrums and anger outbursts – and de-escalate the ones that do happen.
- How to develop positive relationships with children.
- Healthy and lasting ways to engender self-esteem in children.
- Practical skills for motivating children to be their best.
- How to help children both spot and learn from their mistakes.
- Typical obstacles that prevent children from learning and progressing – and how to remove them.
- Relaxation and self-regulation skills.
- How to know what is realistic to expect from each child.
- New language skills for improving outcomes.
- Tried and tested ways to prevent and manage difficult behaviour.
- How to create an environment in which not only the child but the whole family flourishes.
- The opportunity to discuss with a highly experienced tutor how to apply the new understanding and skills to the children you know.
- Plus course notes and CPD Certificate.
Live Online on Tues 24th November 2020 – Join family therapist and best-selling author Miriam Chachamu for her inspiring workshop, you will have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and benefit from her extensive experience. The day is held via Zoom.
Hosted by Human Givens College
Human Givens College has been providing training in the best ways to treat mental health and behavioural problems for over 20 years. Our clear, practical mental health training gives you the key information and skills you need to help people overcome their difficulties as quickly as possible.