How best to treat OCD
This accredited, live, online training event offers an in-depth look at OCD in all its guises and focuses on practical and effective methods of treatment – in most cases, OCD recovery is possible. The day is interactive and includes demonstration videos of therapy sessions, short video clips, in-depth discussions and case studies.
What will you learn?
- New information that will enable you to help OCD sufferers more effectively.
- A better understanding of OCD, what it is and how it develops.
- The ability to recognise the less familiar types of OCD – these are often missed by both client and therapist.
- An effective four-step method for treating OCD.
- New ways to help people overcome their compulsive tendencies.
- Illuminating video clips of OCD sufferers describing their experience.
- Helpful ways parents and educators can prevent signs of OCD in children and teenagers from developing further.
- The important role of guided imagery in treatment and why it improves success rates.
- How to separate the person from their OCD.
- ‘Pure O’ – we look at ‘purely obsessional’ OCD, where people experience distressing intrusive thoughts without any external signs of compulsions.
- The chance to observe effective therapy for OCD and discuss case studies.
- How OCD fits with other psychological conditions – and with autism.
- What to do when OCD symptoms are firmly entrenched.
- The opportunity to discuss some of your own cases with a highly knowledgeable tutor.
- How to handle challenging cases successfully.
You will have plenty of opportunities to ask your tutor, Miriam questions. We will send details of how to join the Zoom workshop by email the day before the event.
Bonus recording: The training is recorded, in case anyone experiences technical difficulties on the day, so you will also get a recording for a limited time afterwards to maximise your learning.
Accredited CPD Certificate: 6 hours
Cost: £145, but you can get 10% off with code, COUNSELLING10
Book your place via humangivens.com or you can call our friendly office team at +44(0)1323 811690 to book over the phone, or if you have any questions.
We hope to see you there.
Accredited CPD Training: Human Givens College has been providing training in the best ways to treat mental health and behavioural problems for over 20 years. Our clear, practical mental health training and our psychotherapy diploma give you the key insights and skills you need to help people overcome their difficulties as quickly as possible.