Holding hope (and the saboteur) with our clients - the 'devil with angel wings'
Hope comes in many forms; it has its roots in neuroscience, philosophy, anthropology, and faith. Integrate with TA and what do you get? The horns and halo of script versus anti-script.
Aims and objectives
This workshop will explore the fundamental core of hope from aspects of neuroscience, philosophy, anthropology, and faith, and how it is integrated with transactional analysis. We explore our meaning-making, why hope is essential, and why it can also be our 'worst enemy' for ourselves and our clients, patients, and sponsees.
- to establish our own meaning-making of hope
- identify our energy around 'hope' versus 'reality'
- share the joy and despair of hope for ourselves and our clients, patients, and sponsees
- understanding clients, patients, and sponsees 'hope' versus 'reality'
- identifying barriers to achieving improved health and well-being.
- how to find 'hope' in the 'mist of despair'
About Julia Tolley
Julia Tolley, TSTA (P), CTA(P), UKCP Registered, BACP (Accred), MCIPD, BPS, Psychotherapist, Supervisor, Trainer, and Coach.
Julia has a client/supervision practice in the West Midlands. Primary Course Tutor on a 4 Year - Level 7 Psychotherapy Programme in Manchester, Support Tutor and Supervisor to Universities and Training establishments.