'Hold me tight' couples weekend relationship workshop
Join other couples for a relationship workshop that will help you feel closer to your partner and communicate better about the things that matter.
In this weekend workshop, you will learn relationship skills with your partner through guided exercises, presentations, group discussion, and video demonstrations.
You will learn how to;
- untangle repeating arguments
- be heard and understood by each other
- forgive emotional injuries
- reconnect through intimacy
- celebrate your strengths as a couple
- keep your love alive
You will be supported step by step by the three experienced relationship counsellors running the course.
'Hold me tight' is an internationally recognised workshop based on the theory and practice of emotionally focused therapy (EFT). You and your partner are introduced to a new understanding of what you need in your relationship to feel safe, appreciated, and loved.
Experience the seven transformative conversations
The workshop is structured around seven transformative conversations taken from the book 'Hold Me Tight' by Dr Sue Johnson, the co-founder of EFT.
Here are the conversations;
- Recognising demon dialogues - in this first conversation, you and your partner identify your negative and destructive patterns of arguing. The phrase 'demon dialogues' is used to convey how argumentative stances get entrenched and re-enforce each other. You will learn a new language to share your deeper feelings and needs.
- Finding the raw spots -here, you learn to look beyond immediate, impulsive reactions to recognise hidden emotions, and identify which raw spots are being hit.
- Revisiting a rocky moment - this conversation provides a platform for diffusing conflict, repairing rifts, and building emotional safety.
- Hold Me Tight conversation -this conversation is at the heart of the programme. It moves you and your partner towards being more accessible, emotionally responsive, and deeply engaged with each other.
- Forgiving injuries - injuries may be forgiven but they never disappear. So, they need to become integrated into your conversations as demonstrations of renewal and connection. Knowing how to find and offer forgiveness empowers you to strengthen your bond.
- Bonding through sex and touch - at this stage, you find how emotional connection leads to better sex, and how better sex creates deeper emotional connection.
- Keeping your love alive - this last conversation is about learning the skills to maintain and celebrate your loving connection. You're guided to create resilience within your relationship by affirming the rituals that already work for you, and learning some new ones.
During the course, you and your partner will work privately through guided exercises. There is no need for either of you to share your conversations or thoughts with others in the group, but there is opportunity to do so if you wish. It can be inspiring and supporting to see other couples grappling with similar issues.
Contact Richard on 07789 433 234 for more information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org