Getting the love you want - an imago weekend workshop for couples
Spend a weekend with The Affinity Centre learning how to enhance the safety and connection in your closest relationships. Everyone is welcome, whether you've only just met, have been married for years, are struggling with conflict and difference, or coping with big life changes.
Who is this weekend for?
Couples and parents who want;
- a stronger, more loving relationship
- improved communication
- increased passion and fun
- skills for long term relationship success
What will you learn?
- new practical skills and new understandings for a long-term relationship
- develop greater compassion for each other
- renew passion, pleasure, and fun
- make sense of the impact of your childhood experience on your adult relationship
- learn new communication skills to break destructive patterns of relating
- model a strong, loving relationship for your children
About the workshop
Come and learn how to enhance safety and connection in your closest relationships. This is a workshop for everyone; just met, married 20 years, struggling with conflict and difference, coping with big life changes, dealing with loss or grief, same-sex couples, or parenting struggles. Everyone is welcome!
Our workshop is educational and focuses on enhancing connection. Our aim is to equip you with insights, skills and tools and whilst the benefits can be therapeutic, it is important to note this is not therapy. The two days includes lectures, written exercises, demonstrations and practicing dialogue and communication processes.
We will learn as a group with no pressure to share private information. There is plenty of space for partners to share and practice exercises privately.
Who should come on the 'getting the love you want' workshop?
- couples who want to enrich their relationship
- couples who are beginning a relationship and want to keep it
- couples who are in an unsatisfying relationship and want to resolve long standing difficulties (although you may need follow up counselling after the workshop)
- couples who are near break up or divorce and want to decide if their relationship can be saved
For more information, please visit https://affinitycentre.co.uk/course/getting-the-love-you-want-couples-workshop/
About The Affinity Centre
Ian Tomlinson PTSTA(P), the director of The Affinity Centre is a UKCP registered certified transactional analyst psychotherapist and has two decades of teaching experience.