Freedom programme - understanding domestic abuse
Understanding Domestic Abuse - a one-day workshop
Our 1-day workshop is based on the freedom programme 'living with the dominator', a domestic abuse programme that has been running since 1999.
Who is it for?
Anyone working with or intending to work with, victims of domestic abuse and violence.
What are the aims?
To help you understand and identify –
• The different tactics of the dominator i.e. the bully, the bad father, the headworker, the jailer, the sexual controller, the king of the castle, the liar, the persuader
• The beliefs of the dominator and where they come from
• The beliefs we may share
• How victims are affected by the dominators tactics
• The effects of domestic violence and abuse on the children
• The cycle of abuse
• Warning signs
• Why it is so hard for victims to “just leave”
This training will take the mystery out of domestic abuse and the why questions will be answered.
About the host
In addition to being counsellors, experienced in working with victims of domestic abuse at a local women`s centre, we are both trained facilitators for the Freedom Programme
We have been running this course for over a year now and 100% of attendees say they would recommend it.
This is a lively, interactive workshop.