Kate has worked therapeutically with mums involved with social care and also mums who have had the children removed for many years and is passionate about supporting them to move with their lives.
Who is the course for?
Health professionals, counsellors, social worker, family support workers or any professionals involved with working with mums with social care involvement. This course will help provide a clearer understanding of the legal process and also how to work with the mums to engage and support them therapeutically.
Aims of the course
- On completion of the day you will be able to:
- Have a understanding of the legal process that some mums face.
- Understand the barriers in getting mums to engage.
- Have a greater understanding of how to work therapeutically with mums who have children removed.
- Consider confidentiality, safeguarding and own responsibilities.
Please visit www.kateblakemore.com for more information.
This course is six hours CPD.
About Kate Blakemore
Kate Blakemore BA (hons) Bus. Man. Diploma in counselling. Award in teaching. Diploma in fertility counselling.
Kate has accreditation in supporting mums who have suffered miscarriages, still births and neo natal deaths.
Kate is the founder and CEO of Motherwell Cheshire a charity supporting mums who have had children removed from their care.