Forgotten mums: social care and the legal process
Who is this course for?
Health professionals, counsellors, social workers, family support workers, or any professionals involved in working with mums with social care involvement.
This course will help provide a clearer understanding of the legal process and also how to work with the mums to engage and support them therapeutically.
Outcomes of the course
On completion of the day you will be able to:
- have an understanding of the legal process that some mums face
- understand the barriers in getting mums to engage
- have a greater understanding of how to work therapeutically with mums who have children removed
- consider confidentiality, safeguarding and own responsibilities
- hear from a mum herself who has been through the process and hear her own lived experience
- learn more about the 'Believe' project
Hosted by Kate Blakemore
Kate Blakemore BA (hons) Bus. Management. Diploma in counselling. Award in teaching. Mentoring qualification. Reiki 2 qualified. Diploma in fertility counselling. Accredited counsellor in infant loss. Kate is a person centred counsellor and has her own private practice. Kate is also the founder of Motherwell a charity in Cheshire.