Who is the course for?
Health professionals, counsellors, social workers, family support workers, or any professionals involved with working with mums with social care involvement. This course will help provide a clearer understanding of the legal process and also how to work with the mums to engage and support them therapeutically.
Outcomes of the course
On completion of the day you will be able to:
- Have an understanding of the legal process that some mums face.
- Understand the barriers to getting mums to engage.
- Have a greater understanding of how to work therapeutically with mums who have children removed.
- Consider confidentiality, safeguarding and own responsibilities.
- Hear from a mum herself who has been through the process and hear her own lived experience.
- Learn more about the Believe project.
About Kate Blakemore
Kate Blakemore BA (hons) Bus. Man. Diploma in Counselling. Award in Teaching. Diploma in fertility counselling.
Kate has worked therapeutically with mums involved with Social Care and has developed the Believe Project that supports the mental health of mums that are at risk of or have had their children removed from their care.